Delaware Bay Lighthouse Keepers
& Friends Association, Inc.
"Our mission is to preserve the history of the Delaware Bay
and River Lighthouses, Lightships and their Keepers."
Marcus Hook Front and Rear Range Lights
The Marcus Hook Front Range Light has always been automated and was first operated using acetylene gas. The light sits on top of a black skeleton tower atop a concrete base that was permanently erected in 1918.
Marcus Hook Front Lights.
The Marcus Hook Rear Range Light was constructed of reinforced concrete. The light sat on top of the 105 foot structure making it higher that any other light in the district. The square, concrete tower had buttressed corners and a metal stairway with landings every 25 feet. Over the chart and radio rooms is the lantern room that has a 4 foot wide concrete balcony around it.
Marcus Hook RearLights.