Delaware Bay Lighthouse Keepers
& Friends Association, Inc.
"Our mission is to preserve the history of the Delaware Bay
and River Lighthouses, Lightships and their Keepers."
The most recent Mahon River lighthouse was put into operation in 1903. The locals called it Port Mahon Lighthouse. Proceeded by Mahonís Ditch Lighthouse, circa 1930s, which was relisted as Mahonís River Lighthouse in 1839 only to spend the next 50 to 60 years being worked on and repaired.
At the end of a history filled with defective building materials and sub-par workmanship the structure was destroyed by a fire in 1984, leaving only the iron column foundations in the wateer.